Any views on this one?
- Xaar is a leading independent supplier of industrial inkjet printheads, inks and peripheral equipment....
- Formed in 1990 to acquire, develop and commercially exploit a new digital inkjet printing technology arising out of work done by Cambridge Consultants Ltd.
- Apparently, it's a leading specialist in piezoelectric printing which "has the advantage of being a truly direct, non-contact printing process, which makes it perfect for printing onto a variety of materials such as paper, vinyl, plastics, cardboard, ceramics, metal, textiles, glass and many other materials. Piezo inkjet technology has enhanced a printer’s commercial offering, providing additional revenue streams in existing and new markets and complementing, not competing with, traditional print technologies".
- Recent interim management statement - http://www.stockopedia.co.uk/news/announcement/XAR/090416xar000481.htm - said that trading for the first quarter of the year, historically the Group's quietest trading period due to the Chinese New Year holiday in February, was in line with the Board's expectations at a level similar to that for Q1, 2008 and was stableat the levels seen in the third and fourth quarters of 2008.
- Seems to do a lot of business in China - "The first of Xaar's new second generation Platform 1 products, the Xaar Proton,was successfully launched during the period at the Sign China show in Guangzhou.Following the launch, sales of the Proton into China have been ahead of the Board's expectations".
- "The Board is encouraged by trading in Q1 but, given both a continuing lack ofvisibility of customer orders and the current uncertainty in the business environment due to the ongoing global economic situation, must remain cautious when looking forward".