The purpose of this links thread, MIL, is to act as a hub for money-making (or loss avoiding!) investment ideas and significant news. It is NOT intended for extensive discussions but rather to provide investors with a single place to find new ideas (bullish or bearish) that may not relate to stocks they are already following actively. Readers can then explore and discuss them on the appropriate thread, if they wish to do so. It should help users find their way around Stockopedia.
The concept is very much a "beta" at the moment, so feedback is welcome. HOWEVER, to avoid cluttering this thread I have set up another thread for metadiscussion of the concept - MIL Metadiscussion - and request that feedback be posted there: http://www.stockopedia.co.uk/forum/view/29894/mil-metadiscussion .
To try and make this thread useful, I will impose some rules. Posts should obey these guidelines:
- Keep the post short
- Ideas/news must relate to specific stocks, small groups of stocks, or sectors. This thread is also a good place for highlighting when a new thread hs been created.There are other threads under the "Market Sentiment" theme where you can express opinions about general market or economic direction.
- The idea should be backed by publicly available evidence, allowing those interested to DTOR.
- Include an "executive summary" of the idea/news.
- Include a link to another thread where the idea/news is covered in depth
- Discussion of the idea/news should take place on that other thread, rather than here
- This thread is not for TA-based trading. If you want to post about a technically based opportunity, please do so on a thread designed for that purpose. However, I see nothing wrong with including some TA commentary, if you feel it is appropriate, alongside the fundamental discussion of each idea/news item, chiefly on the thread that the post links to.
If you come across a good post, please DO highlight it here! [and if readers agree, please make sure you rec the referenced post, giving some encouragement to its author!]
I will moderate posts that do not follow these rules. If you think I should change the rules, please discuss on the metadiscussion thread.
I hope this thread and idea will prove useful to Stockopedia users. Happy hunting!!
The author may hold shares in this company, all opinions are his own and you should check any statements that appear factual and not rely on them before making an investment decision. The author is NOT a qualified analyst nor authorised to give investment advice. Whilst the author is a director of ShareSoc, all views expressed are entirely his own and not necessarily those of ShareSoc.