Frequently asked questions about Stockopedia. Got a Newbie question - feel free to ask it here! We won't bite... We will summarise the most pertinent ones in this Header!
- How come the site is responding sluggishly? Can you speed it up? This may be because you are using Internet Explorer as your browser. We have optimised the site for Firefox, Safari and Chrome and are working on Internet Explorer but there are a number of issues so it's taking time. In the interim, you may wish to try viewing the site in one of these other browsers as it will be faster that way.
- How do I set up a Virtual Fund on the site? Funds are distinct from Watchlists or Portfolio in being public rather than private. You can set up a Fund by clicking on http://www.stockopedia.co.uk/fund/start Once this is done, you will automatically entered into the Stockopedia Challenge (http://www.stockopedia.co.uk/fund/challenge).
- Why can't I edit my post once submitted? You are able to edit a post for up to 6 hours after it was first created but no later than that. This is to avoid "revisionism" of an argument/position. However, thread headers can be edited at any time because we will shortly be amending headers so that the history is stored and can be viewed by anyone viewing the header.
- How come I can't copy/paste an image into my post? If you want to paste an image into a post or thread header, this needs to be done as a link, as we are not able to host third party images on our servers for various reasons. The image will need to be hosted elsewhere using an online media hosting service like Tinypic.com, and you will need to click on the image icon in the editing toolbar and add the image URL link into the popup box. For security reasons, we extensively filter all HTML submitted through the text editor. The downside of this at the moment is that a lot of formatting power is lost, as things like sizing and positioning are attributes that we have to remove from posts. We plan to improve this as we'd like to allow certain image attributes through but this is still WIP.
- Why does some of the table formatting in posts disappear on submission of a post? As just mentioned, we extensively filter all HTML submitted through the text editor. The downside of this at the moment is that a lot of formatting power is lost. We plan to improve this as we'd like to allow certain table attributes through but this is still WIP.