Real Name: Stuart Hepburn
Occupation: Private Investor, Other
Interests: Asian Markets, Bonds, Commodities, Emerging Markets, International Stocks, Oil, Property, Stocks
I work part-time as an Auditor but have that career ambivalence that I'm sure so many of you will be familiar with. Outside of work I have a steady income stream for investing via a portfolio of residential property that I rent out to Social Housing. However, it's hard work and I'm growing tired of fixing washing machines, the rent defaults ("I spent it on a 50" Plasma TV") and the Council Night Noise Teams and Police, who seem to have me on speed dial!
I'm finding the amount of strategies a little overwhelming but already know that I wish to avoid Managed Funds, Large Caps, leverage and short trading in favour of LTBH. At the time of writing I'm putting 80% into an ETF portfolio with a weighting towards emerging markets, and the remaining 20% will be invested in a concentrated portfolio of mainly smaller companies, where the PI has some competitive advantage.
Any advice for a complete beginner greatly welcomed.
seekingvalue has 0 followers :