What does Notes Payable/Short Term Debt mean?
Notes Payable/Short-Term Debt represents short-term bank borrowings and notes payable that are issued to suppliers. It includes:
- Notes payables/promissory notes/post-dated checks to third parties or affiliated companies
- Bank borrowings/debt/lines of credit/credit facility/financing facility, bank overdrafts, commercial paper, due to banks in non-banking financial service companies
- Demand notes payable, loans payable, mortgages payable, mortgage notes (short-term)
- Revolving credit/loans (short-term)
- Deposits (mostly time deposits, if any) from customers in non-banking financial service companies
- Financial Derivatives when reported in the current liabilities section